Remember the Cars and Motorcycles you and your family have owned over the years.
Stewart sent me these two wonderful photos and some great information about the photos and his family through the Born in the Fifties website. I thought you might enjoy them.
The first shows me as a baby in 1953 in front of my dad’s first car, a Morris Minor. The second photo was taken about six years later with the same car, my dad and three brothers. In this photo you get a glimpse of the boys’ fashions, and you will also notice that my brother and I are holding cap pistols which were very popular as one of our favourite games was ‘cowboys & Indians’. The little Morris Minor did a great job for our family as it would often taken all of us (yes, mum, dad & four boys) from Adelaide to Newcastle to visit my grandparents on our annual holidays.
Some more cars you may remember.
Do you remember the first car or motorcycle you owned?
- It would have been different to the cars and bikes being driven and ridden today.
- Many of the cars are now very collectable and worth a lot of money.
- Has anyone thought I should have kept that car as it would be worth a fortune today?
- Remember the cars with a front bench seat, column shift and no aircon.
- Did you drive an old bomb for your first car as that was all you could afford.
Do you remember when you first got your drivers licence?
- How easy was it to get your licence all those years ago?
- Did you have a written test or was it just a quick drive around the block?
- Getting a driving licence was?exciting as now you could go places.
- Where did you got once you could drive and had your own car?