Remember some of the toys you played with as a child.
A dolls pram and a rocking horse were treasured toys. I hope these photos bring back some fond memories of childhood fun.
Growing up in the 1950s, 40s or before
It was safe to play with all the kids that lived in your street only coming home when it got dark.
- Money was pennies, sixpence and a pound was a lot of money.
- You stood in the one spot to talk on the telephone as it had a cord from the telephone to the handset.
- Television was black and white and there were only a couple of channels.
- If you missed a TV show bad luck as there were no recorders so you could see it later.
- Hours were spent at school learning your time tables and the correct way to write.
What a lot of changes there have been over the years since growing up in the 50s, 40s or before. Many things have disappeared all together or are very different today .