Family memories, family today and pets
Family growing up
- Family life and growing up in the 1950s, 1940s, 1930s and 1920s was different to life today.
- Usually a family only had one car and it was often just dad who went to work as mum stayed home to look after the family.
- Family homes were usually smaller so children often shared a bedroom with siblings making for plenty of fun times as well as fights.
Share your memories of the family when you were growing up and where you grew up.
Over the years families change as children grow up, maybe get married and grandchildren arrive.
- Do you look after the grandchildren through the week or on school holidays?
- Parents sometimes need help as they get older and are not able to look after themselves.
- You may now be the decision maker and carer for all their needs either financially, every day needs or concerning their health.
- Are you dealing with conditions like Alzheimers, dementia or cancer with your parents?
Talk about the family today, parents, children and grandchildren.
Pets who share your home
Pets are excellent companions as they are loyal, reduce stress, promote social interaction, encourage exercise and ease loneliness. They are a wonderful addition to any home as they love you unconditionally and become an important part of the family. Sometimes they even seem to take over the house at time.